Friday, November 23, 2012

Amazing differences between GM and Wal-Mart employment

Title: Why You Shouldn't Shop at Wal-Mart on Friday Source: ROBERT REICH in The American Prospect Date: November 23, 2012 From the article:
    A half century ago America’s largest private-sector employer was General Motors, whose full-time workers earned an average hourly wage of around $50, in today’s dollars, including health and pension benefits. Today, America’s largest employer is Wal-Mart, whose average employee earns $8.81 an hour. A third of Wal-Mart’s employees work less than 28 hours per week and don’t qualify for benefits. There are many reasons for the difference—including globalization and technological changes that have shrunk employment in American manufacturing while enlarging it in sectors involving personal services, such as retail. But one reason, closely related to this seismic shift, is the decline of labor unions in the United States. In the 1950s, over a third of private-sector workers belonged to a union. Today fewer than 7 percent do. As a result, the typical American worker no longer has the bargaining clout to get a sizeable share of corporate profits.

2 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Melissa hogan said...


BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3 DAYS....It all depends on how fast you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of hacking into any ATM machine, anywhere in the world. I got to know about this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month ago.. It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a month with it is about $50,000.(fifty thousand USD). Everyday I keep pumping money into my account. Though it is illegal, there is no risk of being caught, because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable, it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV's to detect you.. For details on how to get yours today,email the hackers on: harrybrownn59@gmail.com Tell your loved ones too, and start to live large. That's the simple testimony of how my life changed for good... Love you all... The email address again is harrybrownn59@gmail.com

 
At 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Mr Pedro on this topic.
Mr Pedro and his loan company gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Mr Pedro on a loan platform so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. With God willing they granted me a loan of 500,000.00 USD. The loan request that my banks here in Ecuador have turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Email/ Contact if you wish to apply for a loan from them.
pedroloanss@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home